3 Easy-to-Learn Natural Hairstyles
No need for a salon visit to get a fresh look. With these easy and cute natural hairstyles, you'll be able to switch up your look with a gorgeous new style in just a matter of minutes. These natural hairdos are perfect for when you're in a hurry and need to get out the door quickly. They're also great for beginners who want to learn more about changing up their natural hair. Check out the full list of simple hairstyles for natural hair and get helpful product recommendations to perfect your look.
A top knot is a timeless classic that is also easy to dress up or down depending on the occasion. It looks sleek and sophisticated with minimal effort. Plus, the only things you need are a comb or flexible-bristle brush, a covered elastic hair tie, and hairpins. A doughnut bun shaper may also come in handy. If you don't have one, you can improvise by cutting the toe area off a clean sock and rolling the top toward the bottom to create a donut shape.
Style your natural hair into a top knot using these simple instructions.
- Put your hair into a snug ponytail at the top of your head. The placement should be at the crown to ensure a top knot look as opposed to a traditional bun.
- Wrap your hair around the base of the ponytail, covering the elastic tie, pinning as you go, and neatly tuck in the ends.
If using a bun shaper, slide it down to the base of the ponytail, and tuck sections of your hair into place around the bun, securing with bobby pins. Make sure the donut shaper inside is completely covered. Spray with Pink Natural Oil Blends TrueShine Oil Mist or Pink Oil Sheen Spray for a beautiful shine all day.
This iconic Black natural hairstyle is similar to the top knot, but with a look that's a bit looser and freer. The steps are even simpler, too, since you just let your tresses flow freely instead of wrapping them. The pineapple style really showcases your curls, so make sure you use a curl definer to give them some definition and shine.
Follow these instructions to achieve a quick and easy pineapple hairstyle.
- While hair is damp, apply Luster's Pink Shea Butter Coconut Oil Super Moisturizing Curl Definer from roots to ends on small-to-medium sections of hair, being sure to define your natural curl pattern as you go.
- Tilt your head forward, then gather your hair with a hair tie or pins to secure it.
- Fluff and arrange your curls.
- Smooth surrounding areas where you want smoothness, using Pink Hold & Shine Perfecting Gel.
Lay Your Edges
Laid edges can give a bit of flair to a variety of hairstyles. With a little practice, you can learn to style your edges to perfection. It's essential to have the right product on hand for great results.
Use these tips to lay your edges for a smooth, chic look:
- Apply a small amount of Luster's Renutrients Slick Stick or Luster's Pink Shea Butter Coconut Oil Edge Gel to your dampened baby hair, using a small brush or edge-control comb & brush tool. You may want to use a fingertip to apply for more precision.
- Swoop the baby hair back, curving it toward your hairline for a sleek, shiny, soft look.
- Set your edges by tying on a silky scarf or wrap, leaving it on for a few minutes.